Saturday, June 28, 2014

Ronin Johnny Iverson


Once upon a time (Sunday, June 15, Father's Day), I woke up and didn't feel good. I was thinking I might be having contractions, but they didn't feel like what people said contractions feel like. Everyone always said it will be your whole uterus contracting and it will wrap around from your back. Well, these just felt like bad menstrual cramps so I just ignored it. As we were getting ready for church they started to get worse and I told Jared we may end up at the hospital that day. I wanted to at least go to my meeting and take the sacrament though.

By the end of Sacrament Meeting we decided to go home. I took a long hot shower (it felt really good) and then we started timing the contractions for an hour, ate some lunch (bad idea seeing how I threw it all back up later), called the doctor, and went to the hospital at about 1:30. Once there, they said we were staying.

They told us to be ready for a really long night because I would be in labor for a few hours and then, since it was our first baby, probably push for 2-3 hours. Well by about 5 or so I got an epidural (blessed things) and this was me...


Photo

I'm very glad there were no pictures taken before this. It probably wasn't pretty! Shortly after that they broke my water, and things got moving really fast! They weren't really expecting that. Next thing we knew the baby was on the way with less than 10 minutes of pushing (3 contractions). Ronin was born at 7:06.

Photo

Ronin Johnny Iverson weighed 6 lbs. 12 oz. and was 21 inches.

Happy Father's Day Jared!

PhotoPhotoPhotoPhotoPhotoPhotoPhotoPhotoPhoto

3 comments:

  1. Yes I love these pictures! Thanks for sharing :) And congrats to your sweet little family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! He looks beautiful! I hope things are still going well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! Don't hot showers while in labor feel awesome?!?!
    Congrats guys!!

    ReplyDelete