Thursday, August 21, 2014

What a wonderful world

The other day I was scrolling through my news feed on Facebook. I soon realized I had gone past a lot of postings that started with "This is awful", "Don't you hate it when", "The worst", etc. and I realized how very negative my news feed was getting. Yes, I understand there are some very sad things happening in the world right now. There are also very hard things going on in everyone's lives. However, there are also a ton of amazing people and wonderful things happening. Consequently, I would like to ask everyone to thank at least 5 people this week for something specific they have done. When I express specific gratitude I am able to see a lot more joy in life. I also become more forgiving of others and myself because I am focused on what amazing people they are. 

For example: I would like to thank Sister Shuck. The other day there was a Young Women's activity she invited me to so I could do some public affairs stuff for our ward. It was so awesome to go! These days I don't really socialize much so it was very refreshing! The girls in our ward are great and a ton of fun. Yes, Sister Shuck invited me to help me with my calling, but it was a ton of fun just to be there and I am very grateful for her.

Have a great day everyone!

1 comment: